We’re happy to announce our annual Excellent Supplier Award winners for superior performance in 2016. And this year is even more special as we have named our very first Supplier Sustainability Award winner too!
The brand new award was set up to recognise suppliers that demonstrate an industry-leading sustainability and safety culture that supports PPG in meeting its 2020 sustainability goals through the goods and services they provide.
Based on their performance in 2016, Olympic Forest Products Co., a Cleveland-based pallet management company serving PPG’s businesses in the United States, was the first business ever to receive the prestigious Award.
“PPG is sharply focused on sustainability, and we work to ensure our suppliers around the world share that focus. By establishing and growing innovative recycling, repair-and-return, and scrap pallet programs with PPG, Olympic Forest Products helped us reach a total in the U.S. of about 95,000 recycled wooden pallets in 2016, avoiding about 1,300 metric tons of landfill waste while also decreasing our costs.
We are very happy to recognise their world-class sustainability practices with our first PPG Supplier Sustainability Award.”
– Radhika Batra, PPG Vice President, Global Supply Management
As for our equally illustrious Excellent Supplier Award winners, 2016 was a tough year for decisions! Every year we must decide on the recipients based on our criteria:
- Commercial value
- Participation in PPG’s Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program
PPG purchases a colossal amount of goods and services annually, and from thousands of suppliers around the world so picking just nine to honour is no small feat.
These nine suppliers all helped create a competitive advantage for PPG in 2016, by maximising value, meeting quality and service requirements, and minimising risk and complexity. These awards show our appreciation of their efforts to support PPG.”
Companies earning the 2016 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
- Alchemy Media, a media agency in Harrogate, England, serves the architectural coatings – EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) business.
- Chromaflo Technologies, with headquarters in Ashtabula, Ohio, supplies tints and colorants to the architectural, automotive refinish, industrial, and protective and marine coatings businesses in North America, South America, Asia Pacific and Europe.
- Complementos Coby S.A de CV, of San Pedro, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, supplies PPG Comex and the industrial coatings and protective and marine coatings businesses in Mexico and Central America with sundries products.
- EMFI SAS, with global headquarters in Haguenau, France, provides polyurethane sealants to the PPG Comex architectural coatings business and the industrial coatings business in Mexico.
- Mi-T-M Corp., Peosta, Iowa, supplies pressure washers through PPG’s architectural coatings stores and dealers in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Olympic Forest Products, winner of the first-ever PPG Supplier Sustainability Award, provides wooden pallets and services to PPG’s architectural coatings, automotive refinish coatings, industrial coatings, automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) coatings, protective and marine coatings, and specialty coatings and materials businesses in the U.S.
- Penske Logistics, headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, has provided dedicated lift-gate truck fleet service to PPG’s architectural coatings business in the U.S. and Canada since 2006.
- Schϋtz, with global headquarters in Selters, Germany, equips the automotive refinish coatings, industrial coatings, automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) coatings, and packaging coatings businesses in North America, South America and the EMEA region with intermediate bulk container (IBC) packaging systems.
- Tower Sealants of Oklahoma City supplies products through PPG PAINTS™ stores in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.